The Greengate Advantage
Our test scores prove that we are making a difference but measurable results are seen in your child's attitude, confidence, and self-esteem.
Greengate is the only school in the area with daily 1:1 Orton-Gillingham tutorials, and the only school in the area where every teacher is a dyslexia specialist. Those two facts make a tremendous difference in the quality of education your child will receive. Our tests scores prove that we are making a difference. Before your child is admitted to Greengate they will be tested for proficiency in all subject areas. We then refer back to this baseline set of scores throughout the year to measure their progress. The results have been nothing short of remarkable. Some students have advanced by 2 or 3 grade levels in reading fluency, comprehension, math and/or spelling in a single year.
Perhaps the greatest results are seen in your child's attitude, confidence, and self- esteem. Our parents tell us we are making a difference. Usually within a few weeks, we get a comment along the lines of "You have given us our family back." This is surprising to parents because it's a dramatic difference and it's not usually the difference they were expecting. It is an abstract difference based on a feeling of happiness, a new a desire to go to school, and a reduction in the friction felt with parents and siblings.
The Difference for Our Students
- Low student-teacher ratios and small classes
- Faculty and staff trained to specifically teach the way dyslexic students learn
- Multi-sensory approach integrated throughout all classes and content areas
- Self-advocacy classes to help students understand their dyslexia and advocate for themselves accordingly
- Speech-language and occupational therapy services can be scheduled during the school day, if needed
- Positive behavior support
- Summer programs for enrichment